Marrakech to Erg Chigaga
Those who admire the silence and tranquillity of the desert, and want to truly immerse themselves in this dramatic landscape to escape the stresses and strains of modern existence could consider this exciting 4 days Marrakech to Erg Chigaga Sahara desert tour.
- We will start by the Mountains of High Atlas to experience a smooth journey
- After that, you will get time to visit the world heritage in Ait Ben Haddou’s Village
- Next, we will drive by the fortified Kasbahs of Draa Valley
- You will experience a camel ride in dunes of Erg Chigaga along with an amazing view of sunset there
- Night stay at the Desert Camp which will be settled in the mid of nowhere
- Experience an amazing scenic Drive across lake of dry salt
- Meet the Berber nomads
Day 1 : Marrakech – Ouarzazate – Zagora ( 7 H Drive )
Day 2 : Zagora – Mhamid – Erg Chigaga ( 4 H Drive )
Day 3 : Erg Chigaga – Foum Zguid – Ouarzazate ( 6 H Drive )
Day 4 : Ouarzazate – Ait Ben Haddou – Marrakech ( 4 H Drive )
- Hotel or riad pick up and drop off (or to closest available point if the place is not car accessible).
- Travel in an air-conditioned modern 4x4 or van, with English speaking driver/ guide.
- Accommodation at your first night's hotel in Zagora. (Private air-conditioned ensuite room, dinner and breakfast.)
- Sunset and sunrise camel rides in Erg Chigaga.
- Private tent accommodation in the Sahara Desert Erg Chigaga camp. (Shared bathrooms and showers. Dinner and breakfast included.) You can upgrade to an ensuite tent when booking for a cost of $125 per person.
- Final night's accommodation at Hotel Les Jardins in Ouarzazate. (Including dinner and breakfast.)
- Beverages and lunches
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Local guides (if applicable)
Things to Remember
- The price per person of this tour will depend on how many people there are in your party.
- The pickup time for your tour can be flexible, however, the distances to be covered are rather long, so between 7.30 and 8am is highly recommended.
- A 4x4 can be used comfortably to transport four adult passengers. A family of six with small children can also be accommodated in a 4x4.
- Local guides and entrance fees (if applicable) are NOT included. You pay for these directly to the suppliers.