2 Days Shared Desert Trip to Zagora
Do you want to discover more about Morocco’s the Sahara Desert? Well, getting a shared 2 days Marrakech desert tour to Zagora will be the best option to avail. Are you visiting Marrakech and want to explore the beauty of the Sahara Desert at a glance? This is also going to be the best chance to enjoy an amazing trip to the desert even within a shorter time. It is because 7 hours of driving time of each side is also included in this duration. Marrakech to Zagora desert tour is the best opportunity to enjoy an amazing time while enjoying the natural beauty around.
This 2 Days Zagora Sahara tour from Marrakech goes through the Aït Benhaddou Kasbah, Ouarzazate the south pearl with its’ beautiful cinema studios, the Kasbah Taourirt, the old Galoui Palace, the river through the Draa Valley with many Kasbahs, the long palm tree oasis which produces famous dates, the village of Agdz, and then Zagora… The massive adobe structures we see along the route are divided into houses that serve as habitations for families of these Kasbah villages where life has continued unchanged over many centuries.
- Go across the High Atlas Mountains and travel the Tizi Ntichka pass.
- Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
- Drive along Draa Valley
- Enjoy a spectacular sunset camel ride
- Spend the night in a Berber desert camp in Zagora desert
- Visit Ouarzazate, the Gate to Morocco's Sahara desert
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – OUARZAZATE – ZAGORA (7 H DRIVE)Your shared budget 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora departs around 7:30 AM. You will be joining in on a group tour to Zagora through Tizi Ntichka pass and past different adobe Berber villages. You can watch while the locals herd their goats and enjoy the little shops on the streets. We will first stop in the middle of the High Atlas Mountains to take make sure to enjoy some leisure time. Here you can take pictures, stretch your legs, or have a cup of coffee or tea! Upon arrival at Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, a fortified fortress full of towering kasbahs, you will have the opportunity to explore the UNESCO world heritage village and its many famous Kasbah that withstood the test of time. There is a local tour guide available that can take you on a guided tour of the area. Once we have visited the Kasbah you will have an hour lunch break to do as you please and do a bit of exploring. From here, we will continue to drive past Ouarzazate, known as the gateway to the Sahara Desert. We will then cross the North-eastern parts of the Anti Atlas Mountains, also known as the Lesser Atlis. It is linked to the High Atlas Mountains by Mount Siroua. There we will head to the oasis between Agdz and Mhamid. You will get a chance to wander through the palmery and enjoy the agriculture of an oasis. After a quick stop in the village, we will continue our drive along Draa Valley. Here you can enjoy the scenery, with its many fortified Kasbahs, and endless dates palm trees. In fact, Draa Valley is the largest palm tree estate in Morocco. We will arrive at the Zagora desert late in the afternoon. It is here where you will get a chance to stretch your legs and get a drink before meeting our camel caravans. Note that in Zagora, there are little to no sand dunes so you will get to appreciate an extensive view. Here you will also get to enjoy the amazing experience of camel riding. You will take a camel through the Zagora desert while enjoying an amazing sunset. This ride takes about an hour. Just before nightfall, our camels will take us to our Berber desert camp nestled in the middle of nowhere. Your first night will be a wonderful night, is you will be served a delicious Moroccan dinner at your campsite. When dinner is finished, the local nomads will be out on an authentic drum show filled with singing and local folklore music. This will go on until around midnight. You will have a whole crystal clear sky full of stars, to gaze at in the silence of the desert.
DAY 2 : ZAGORA – HIGH ATLAS – MARRAKECH (7 H DRIVE)Just before sunrise, your camp guide will be sure to wake you so you can enjoy the beauty of a true desert sunrise. Then you will have breakfast and then ride your camels to the main road, to meet with the driver and van. From here, we head to Ouarzazate also known as a gateway to the Sahara Desert, where we will stop for lunch at a local cafe. Here we can also visit Taourirt Kasbah, the former el Glaoui palace. This is an optional stop due to timing and entrance fees. In the early afternoon, we will head back to Marrakech, crossing the High Atlas Mountains. Your shared budget 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora will end at your nearest accessible point to your accommodation.
- Pick up from your hotel, riad, or nearest accessible point, on the day of the tour
- The vans provided on the tour are modern minibusses equipped with air conditioning and will be driven by an English and or French driver.
- The camel ride, tents, dinner, and breakfast are all provided for you. However, if you wish to have a more private tent, then upgrading to a more comfortable camp with hot showers is an option. (supplement of 15 Euros per person)
- Personal expenses
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- All driving times vary on any sightseeing, lunches, drinks, and leisure time.
- This tour is perfect for adventurers and easy-going travelers. However, there are private tours available that may better suit your needs.
- Your luggage will be safely stored in the van while camping in the desert.
- Because of limited space during camel rides and overnight stays at camp, please be sure you prepare a small backpack full of necessities.
- Remember to bring your own bathroom toiletries, toilet paper, washcloths, and a towel for camping. It is important to remember that you are going to be traveling in the desert.
- Remember to pack along with essentials like sunscreen, sunglasses, warm clothing for when the temperatures drop in the evening, and good walking shoes.
- Also, please wear jeans or long shorts during the camel ride portions of the tour. This is to avoid chafing and being uncomfortable while trekking through the Zagora desert.
price for group tours
|PRICE PER PERSON|