Fes to Marrakech Sahara Tour
If you are staying in Fes in order to experience all the delights of this imperial city, and yet don’t want to miss out on seeing the Sahara desert and spending some time in Marrakech too, then this 3 days Fes to Marrakech desert Tour could be just what you are looking for.
- Visit the winter ski resort of Ifran, built in the style of a Swiss city
- Enjoy a camel ride across the desert
- Admire the sunset by the dunes of Erg Chebbi
- Experience the Berber culture as you stay overnight at a desert camp
- Explore the town of Rissani, where the Alaouite Dynasty was established
- Admire the beautiful rivers and mountains as you walk through the Gorges
- Explore the town of Ouarzazate, home to the largest film studio in Africa
Day 1 : Fes – Ifran – Midelt – Merzouga ( 8 H Drive )
Day 2 : Merzouga – Toudra Gorges – Dades ( 4 H Drive )
Day 3 : Dades – Ait Ben Haddou – Marrakech ( 7 H Drive )
- The distances covered on a three-day desert tour from Fez to Marrakech are rather long. If you wish, this tour can also be tailored to become a four-day adventure.
- Pick up times can be flexible during the spring and summer, though we do recommend setting off as early as possible.
- Winter pickups need to be 7.30 am at the latest in order to catch the sunset in Merzouga.
- The price for the Marrakech to Fez desert tour will depend on how many passengers there are in your party.
- Local guides and entrance fees (if applicable) are NOT included. You pay for these directly to the suppliers.
- Beverages and lunches
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Local guides (if applicable)
Things To Remember
- Please note that any driving times you see will be estimates and does not include any time you will have for eating, drinking or leisure time
- You can keep any luggage you may have on the van, as it will be safely stored while doing any camping Also, due to storage constraints you need to be sure to pack a small backpack or rucksack with your essentials. This is important to have for the camel ride and the overnight stay at the campsite
- Be sure to bring your own bathroom toiletries and essentials such as towels, toilet paper, and washcloths.
- Remember that the desert gets cold at night, be sure to bring warm sleeping clothes. Warm blankets are supplied during the winter
- Please make sure you pack some protective gear.These things include, sunglasses, sunscreen, and good walking shoes
- You are going to be on a camel for at least an hour at a time so be sure to wear pants or Please wear jeans, trousers or long shorts
- There are sand boards available for those would want to try out sandboarding in the Erg Chebbi dunes